This week I had the opportunity to work on an infographic poster featuring “Ipsos by the Numbers”. Thankfully I was able to pull it all together and deliver the file by deadline, but I’ve learned a couple things during this whole process.
– If you don’t have a collection of icons, start collecting now.
– Organize icons by categories: people, sports, food, transport, etc.
– Sketch it out to get a visual sense of how much room is needed for data
– Select all outlines before moving them or else you may distort the icons
– If you can’t find certain icons, create your own based off other useful ones
– However long you think it’ll take you to complete it, double it.
Given such a short deadline, I must say I’m quite satisfied with the final outcome. Two thumbs up for infographics!